1.2 Personal information in this context is that which can directly or indirectly (with other information) identify a living person and is called personal data in Data Protection legislation.
1.3 We comply with Irish and European Union wide Data Protection legislation.
1.4 We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures intended to safeguard your personal information.
1.5 This policy may be supplemented from time to time, subject to your consent where required by Data Protection legislation.
2. Information Input by You
2.1 The website collects information which you input.
2.2 The information collected includes that which you complete when you register as a user, including your name, company/ business name, postal address, telephone number (where provided), email address / user name, and password.
2.3 Neither we, our administrators or service providers do not see your password as it is encrypted and stored in a database. We cannot undertake not to attempt to decipher your password or to seek to make it available to us or to others.
2.4 We do not see your credit card details nor do have any access to them. They are collected and processed by Stripe.
2.5 We collect information which you send to us by way of comments, feedback and emails and communications and interests preferences which you may express from time to time.
3. Information Automatically Collected by the Website
3.1 The website automatically collects information when you use the Legal Guide service.
3.2 The information automatically collected may include computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers.
3.3 The information automatically collected may include usage data, such as clickstream data, including date and time stamp, and referring and exit pages, search terms you used and pages you visited or searched for on the website.
3.4 We collect this data through our servers and the use of other technologies.
4. Non-Personal Information
4.1 If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined, or in any way permits direct association with any specific individual.
4.2 We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with you or any specific individual.for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law.
4.3 This may include browser and device information, anonymous usage data and aggregated information,
5. Use of Your Information
5.1 We may use your personal information to
- process and fulfil a transaction or order;
- provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the website service working, safe and secure;
- respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- provide, evaluate and improve the website service, our advertisements and promotional campaigns and our other products and services;
- develop new products, services and benefits;
- offer you customised content and individualised personalisation of the website service to make it more relevant to your interests and needs;
- notify you about changes or updates to the website service and our other products and services;
- provide you with special offers and other information about the website service as well as other products, events and services of ours, our related companies, and other third parties;
- invite you to participate in surveys, competitions and similar promotions;
- identify usage trends and for data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as authors and other copyright holders and content distributors, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement;
- comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5.2 You can manage your communications preferences by contacting us at email@example.com.
5.3 We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 or target the website service to them.
6. Sharing of Your Information
6.1 We may share your personal information with:
- our related companies and divisions that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and
- our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including editors, payment processors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers, mailing houses and shipping agents;
6.2 We may share your personal information with our related companies, joint venture partners and other non-related third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee, application host or publisher, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices and communications preferences and in accordance with the Data Protection legislation.
6.3 We also may disclose your personal information:
- to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues;
- enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees and others; and
6.4 Your personal information may be transferred to, accessed from and stored in servers and facilities located in your region or another country, subject to Data Protection legislation.
What are Cookies?
7.3 You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). There are no industry standard options for disabling cookies affecting the functionality and features that they add to this site. Please note that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.
7.4 If you are still looking for more information, then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
8.3 This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid for subscribed or unsubscribed users.
8.4 When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
9.2 This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
9.3 This website offers e-commerce / payment facilities through Stripe and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order and account is remembered so that we can process it properly. We do not have access to credit card details which are provided by you to Stripe upon subscription. Please refer to their privacy policies.
9.4 We may use social media buttons and/or plugins on the website that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Google Plus, will set cookies through our website which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
E-Mail Newsletters and Marketing
10.1 By registering for a Free Trial, a Free Trial user consents to the receipt of occasional newsletters and marketing material from us about our services and other legal, tax, regulatory and related services.
10.2 We may send other Subscribers who are or have been customers, occasional newsletters and marketing material about our services in accordance with law.
10.3 Business and Corporate Subscribers may be sent occasional newsletters and marketing materials about our services and other legal, regulatory and related services in accordance with law.
10.4 Any user may opt-out of the receipt of newsletters and marketing material from us at any time by e-mailing “opt-out” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Access to Your Personal Information
11.1 You may request access to and correction of personal information about you that you have directly provided to us through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we will require you to verify your identity.
11.2 If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request in accordance with our policies but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
11.3 Access to personal information that we may gather from public records and other sources is subject to applicable laws and our consumer and data access policies.